Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Ephphatha! Who's next?

Last night, our devotion with the kids is about Jesus, the Healer. He healed the deaf and the mute man near the Sea of Galilee.

When I asked what did they learn, they shouted "Ephphatha!" which means "be opened" or "open up".

I asked "what does it mean to you?"

Daniel said: "Jesus opened the sense of hearing".

Hans said, not so sure: "he opened the sense of taste?"

Lester corrected him: "sense of talking!"

So what attributes of God did we learn tonight? (I just taught them the A-C-T-S of praying).

"Healer!" they all agreed.

Daniel added "powerful". Why, I asked.

"Jesus just said some words, the man believed, and he was healed".

There. He just said what I was about to say.

The previous night, we read about Jesus healing the blind man at Bethsaida.

"So what sense organ will he heal tomorrow?", they asked mommy.

Are they excited or what?

Whatever. I am excited that they're looking forward to another devotion.

Tonight, Jesus will heal a paralytic.

No comments: